This easy cocktail recipe takes the classic Old Fashioned and makes it Jägermeister worthy! Who knew that adding a splash of Jägermeister and changing up a few of the other essential ingredients would create another instant classic!
The Old-Fashioned is one of the most popular cocktails of all time. It is so easy, just one spirit dominates the cocktail. Adding Jägermeister to the whiskey adds a depth of flavor that you wouldn’t imagine. This recipe adds maple syrup instead of sugar and chocolate bitters and they work so well together with the Jägermeister and whiskey blend.
Mini-Lush Guide to Jägermeister
For those of you who might not be familiar with Jägermeister. check out my full Lush Guide to Jägermeister. It’s an herbal liqueur, made from 56 herbs and spice, fruits and roots. These include citrus peel, licorice, ginger and 53 others! Here are some other facts!
- Curt Mast invented Jägermeister or “Master Hunter.”
- The herbs and botanicals are ground, added to alcohol, sieved, and then left to store in oak barrels for a year.
- Just to clear up an urban myth, there is no actual stag’s blood in Jägermeister.
- It tastes bitter and sweet all at the same time.
What goes into a Jägermeister Old Fashioned
An Old-Fashioned is a simple drink that you usually make with a sugar cube. You don’t need to muddle anything with this recipe. Since it’s made with maple syrup, all you need to do is stir and drink. I suggest a more-than aged Irish Whiskey because its spiciness goes will with the Jägermeister.
- Jim Beam Double Oak Irish Whiskey
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate Bitters
- Maraschino Cherry & Orange Zest
What tools you need to make Jägermeister Old-Fashioned
- 🍸Top Tip(le): It’s best if you put the Jägermeister to get it really cold beforehand.
Where to find more Old Fashioned recipes
You can find always find hot toddy recipes to try! Here are a few of my favorites:
- How to Make the Bourbon Old Fashioned
- How to Make the The Original Pendennis Club Old-Fashioned
- How to Make the Angel’s Envy Henderson Old Fashioned
- How to Make the Winter Old Fashioned
- How to Make a Rum Old Fashioned
- How to Make the Avallen Autumn Old Fashioned
- How to Make the Monkey Shoulder Lazy Old Fashioned
Plus more Jägermeister recipes here
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where to find ingredients for Jägermeister cocktails
Here is the recipe!
Jägermeister Old Fashioned
- 40 ml Jägermeister
- 20 ml Jim Beam Double Oak
- 5 ml Maple syrup
- 3 dash Chocolate Bitters
- Garnish: Maraschino Cherry & Orange Zest
- Add all the ingredients to a rocks glass with ice
- Garnish with the Maraschino Cherry & Orange Zest
Pin it for later
Love this recipe?
Follow me on Pinterest for loads of great recipes and much more!! Just click the little red pin button at the top of the recipe card!