The classic of classic cocktails, the most ordered cocktail in the world, so simple and so easy – the Old Fashioned can be made with almost any dark spirit now, but I am a sucker for Bourbon, so Bourbon it is!
You’ll need the following equipment:
Old Fashioned Whiskey Cocktail
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 orange peel
- Step 1 Put a sugar cube into the bottom of a rocks glass with a teaspoon of warm water and saturate it with the bitters
- Step 2 Muddle the sugar until it dissolves
- Step 3 Add the Bourbon and stir, then stir some more.
- Step 4 Add one sexy piece of ice or fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Step 5 Stir until chilled
- Step 6 Twist the orange peel over the drink and then add it to the glass.
(For UK measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!)
If you are in the USA, you can find a great Bourbon selection at Drizly.
If you are in the UK, you can find a great Bourbon selection at The Whisky Exchange.
If you want to try another Bourbon cocktail, here are loads of other recipes on my site!
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!