The classic of classic cocktails, the most ordered cocktail in the world, so simple and so easy – the Old Fashioned can be made with almost any dark spirit now, but I am a sucker for Bourbon, so Bourbon it is!
You’ll need the following equipment:
For UK measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!
If you are in the USA, you can find a great Bourbon selection at ReserveBar.com
If you are in the UK, you can find a great Bourbon selection at The Whisky Exchange.
If you want to try another Bourbon cocktail, here are loads of other recipes on my site!
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 orange peel
- Put a sugar cube into the bottom of a rocks glass with a teaspoon of warm water and saturate it with the bitters
- Muddle the sugar until it dissolves
- Add the Bourbon and stir, then stir some more.
- Add one sexy piece of ice or fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Stir until chilled
- Twist the orange peel over the drink and then add it to the glass.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.