Tasting Notes from Tony Tellin, Smith Head Teamaker: This cocktail has flavor profiles of maple and apple, a perfect pair for colder weather. The chamomile in our Meadow tea pairs well with apple and has a floral, woody character. Adding green apple skin adds tannin, acidity and further drives apple top notes and flavor. Together cinnamon and nutmeg create a mulled spice and apple pie like spice complexity.
Heading to Kentucky and love beer – try Country Boy Beer!
- 1 Smith Teamaker Meadow Sachet
- 1¼ oz. Bulleit Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- Green apple peel
- Cinnamon stick
- Apple wedge
- Place 1 Smith Teamaker Meadow sachet in a cup or mug
- Add boiling water, leaving room for the whiskey
- Steep 5 minutes
- Add Bulleit Bourbon
- Remove sachet
- Add 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- Add green apple peel & cinnamon stick
- Garnish with apple wedge
- Shave nutmeg on top of final beverage
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!