Looking for a new take on the Moscow Mule? Try adding in Metaxa, the Greek Brandy, and you’ll get a different kind of zing.
The Moscow Mule is one of the most searched recipes of all time. There is a reason – ginger just works so well in a cocktail. Think about adding honey to the ginger and you have the Metaxa Ginger Rock. It’s super easy – just add three or four ice cubes into a highball glass. Pour 50ml of Metaxa and top with chilled ginger ale or ginger beer. Garnish with a roll of fresh cucumber and a lime zest. Here is more about Metaxa and the proper recipe!
Mini-Lush Guide to Metaxa
For those of you who might not be familiar with Metaxa, check out my full Lush Guide to Metaxa. It’s a Greek brandy that was historically drunk at holidays and celebrations. Now it’s popping up on cocktail menus all over the world. It’s super easy to work with and makes fabulous cocktails.
- Metaxa comes from created by Spyros Metaxa in the 1800’s.
- Metaxa is a Greek brandy made from a combination of aged Muscat wines from the island of Samos, aged white wine distillates and Mediterranean botanicals
- Metaxa tastes like honey, almonds, stone-fruits like apricots, pears, peaches, with an aroma of rose and honey
What goes into a Metaxa Ginger Rock
Making a Mule with Metaxa is a fabulous idea. The brandy adds so much depth to it and Metaxa brings along a sweetness from the honey as well as fruitiness. You’ll want make sure you drink just one, as it is super more-ish!
- Metaxa (I use Metaxa 7 stars)
- Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
It couldn’t be easier.
What tools you need to make the Metaxa Ginger Rock
Where to find more Ginger Ale & Ginger Beer recipes
You can find always find ginger ale and ginger beer recipes to try! Here are a few of my favorites:
- How to Make the Moscow Mule
- How to Make the Whisky & Ginger Highball
- How to Make a Dark and Stormy
- How to Make the Jägermeister Mule
- How to Make the Dead Rabbit
- How to Make the Fenjiu Shanxi Mule
- How to Make Gin Bothy’s Scottish Bothy Mule
- How to Make the Tequila Mule
- How to Make the Brothers Toffee Apple Moscow Mule
Plus More Metaxa recipes
Top Tip(ple)🍸: If you love Metaxa, try other Greek Spirits! Here is a guide to Greek Liquors to help you understand your Ouzo from your Raki!
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where to find ingredients for Metaxa cocktails
Here is the recipe:
Looking for a new take on the Moscow Mule? Try adding in Metaxa, the Greek Brandy, and you'll get a different kind of zing.
- 50 ml Metaxa 7 Stars
- Fever Tree Ginger Ale
- Lime wedges
- Add three or four ice cubes into a highball glass.
- Pour 50ml of METAXA 7 Stars and top with chilled ginger ale.
- Garnish with a roll of fresh cucumber and a lime zest.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 2g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
PIN THS RECIPE FOR LATER