How much do we love a Spritz! Why not try making it with Metaxa, the Greek Brandy! It is sure to Greek spirit to your summer season.
Spritz cocktails are now the most popular in the world! It would make sense to try making it with Metaxa! It’s super easy – just add all the ingredients to a wine glass, stir gently, and garnish. The extra honey added enhances the honey aroma and gives it a sweet, delicious hit.
Mini-Lush Guide to Metaxa
For those of you who might not be familiar with Metaxa, check out my full Lush Guide to Metaxa. It’s a Greek brandy that was historically drunk at holidays and celebrations. Now it’s popping up on cocktail menus all over the world. It’s super easy to work with and makes fabulous cocktails.
- Metaxa comes from created by Spyros Metaxa in the 1800’s.
- Metaxa is a Greek brandy made from a combination of aged Muscat wines from the island of Samos, aged white wine distillates and Mediterranean botanicals
- Metaxa tastes like honey, almonds, stone-fruits like apricots, pears, peaches, with an aroma of rose and honey
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
What goes into a Metaxa Spritz
Making a Spritz with Metaxa is a fabulous idea. The brandy adds so much depth to it and Metaxa brings along a sweetness from the honey as well as fruitiness. You’ll want make sure you drink just one, as it is super more-ish!
- Metaxa (I use Metaxa 12 stars)
- Rosé Sparkling Wine
- Orange peel
- Mint leaves
It’s so simple to make it. Just add all ingredients to a wine glass. Stir gently as not to lose any of the bubbles and then garnish with the orange and mint.
What tools you need to make the Metaxa Spritz
Where to find more Spritz recipes
You can find always find loads of great spritz recipes to try! Here are a few of my favorites:
- How to Make a Venetian Aperol Spritz
- How to Make the Gordon’s Pink Gin Spritz
- How to Make the Jägermeister Spritz
- How to Make the Stambecco Spritz
- How to Make the Italicus Spritz
- How to Make the Pampelle Spritz
Plus More Metaxa recipes
Top Tip(ple)🍸: If you love Metaxa, try other Greek Spirits! Here is a guide to Greek Liquors to help you understand your Ouzo from your Raki!
Where to find ingredients for Metaxa cocktails
Here is the recipe:
- 50 ml Metaxa 12 Stars
- 100 ml Rosé Sparkling Wine
- 10 ml Honey
- 10 ml Tonic
- Pinch of Salt
- Build over ice in a large wine glass
- Stir gently
- Garnish with an orange twist and sprig of mint
PIN THS RECIPE FOR LATER