Blood Monkey Gin has been making waves in the gin world since its release. Don’t let the name scare you – no monkeys were harmed in the creation of this gin!
Just to assure you, the name “Blood Monkey” is inspired by the practice of “bleeding the monkey,” which was a term used by sailors in the 17th century to describe when they would surreptitiously drill into an officers’ barrel to steal the spirit inside.
What is Blood Monkey Gin.
Blood Monkey Gin is a premium Irish gin distilled with ten botanicals, including juniper, lime leaf, almond, orris root, Irish rosemary, licorice, and coriander.
They were looking to pay homage to an original corn wine or genever bottle in the original bottle design. The label features a signature drill bit that would have been used by the Blood Monkeys!
How does Blood Monkey Gin taste
Jason Kidd, the Founder of Blood Monkey, was inspired to make a genever style gin that can be easily sipped neat or mixed in a cocktail.
The flavor profile of Blood Monkey is complex and layered. On the nose, you will detect a strong citrus aroma, with notes of lime and orange. On the palate, the gin is smooth and well-balanced, with a slightly sweet taste that is followed by a spicy finish.
Some of the flavor notes that you can expect to taste when drinking Blood Monkey include:
- Citrus (lime, orange)
- Herbal (rosemary, lemongrass)
- Spicy (pepper, ginger)
- Floral (lavender)
Where you can buy Blood Monkey Gin
Blood Monkey Gin is a premium gin, as such, it is priced at a premium level compared to other gins on the market.
The price range of Blood Monkey Gin varies depending on where you purchase it, but it typically falls between $40 and $50 for a 750ml bottle. This price range reflects the high quality of the gin and the care that goes into crafting each batch.
If you prefer to shop online, you can purchase Blood Monkey Gin from a variety of websites, including Mash and Grape (USA) and Master of Malt. These online retailers offer convenient delivery options, making it easy to get your hands on a bottle of Blood Monkey Gin without leaving your home.
How to drink Blood Monkey
First, this gin is best enjoyed neat or in a classic cocktail that allows the flavors of the gin to shine through. Second, it is important to use high-quality mixers and garnishes to complement the unique flavor profile of Blood Monkey. Finally, it is recommended to serve this gin chilled, as the colder temperature helps to bring out the flavors and aromas of the botanicals.
Try one of these Blood Monkey cocktails:
Why Lush Life loves it
Any spirit designed to be a sipping one gets my thumbs up!
Try it in other gin cocktails too!
Here are a few of my favorites:
- How to Make the Dry Gin Martini
- How to Make the Negroni
- How to Make the Gin Sour
- How to Make the Gin Fizz
More Lush Guides to Liquor!
Want to know more about the spirits that go into your cocktails? Check out my Lush Guides to Liquor!
- Lush Guide to Grenadine – the syrup that’s in almost all your favorite cocktails
- Lush Guide to Avallen – the new calvados that is so fabulous in cocktails
- Lush Guide to Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky – the premier Indian whisky
- Lush Guide to Starward Left-Field Whisky – Australia’s whisky that is fantastic in cocktails
- Lush Guide to Jägermeister – more than just J-bombs!
- Lush Guide to Tanqueray Blackcurrant Royale Gin – Tanqueray makes all sorts of different gins – this one is a blackberry lover’s dream
- Lush Guide to Black Cow Vodka – Actually made out of cheese!
- Lush Guide to Daddy Rack Tennessee Straight Whiskey – Discover the difference that being made in Tennessee makes!
- Lush Guide to Italicus – Rosolio di Bergamatto – the wunderkind spirit that takes the humble bergamot and makes magic
- Lush Guide to Coole Swan Irish Cream Liqueur – a wonderful addition to the Irish Cream category
PIN THIS FOR LATER