Master Distiller, Anup Barik, has done it again. After award-winning Rampur Select, comes their newest whisky, Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky! If you’ve never had an Indian whisky, time to try!
What is Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky
Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky is a hand crafted single malt whisky matured in hand-selected American Bourbon barrels as well as European Oak Sherry casks.
Where does Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky come from
Rampur is distilled in traditional copper pot stills in the oldest distillery in India, dating from 1943 with 73 years of distillation expertise. The Himalayas provide polar opposite of climate conditions throughout the year with the flavour of the famous Indian Summer giving Rampur an added dimension and depth.
Rampur is a non-chill filtered single malt, distilled and matured in the foothills of the Himalayas. As Indian whisky matures significantly more quickly than other whiskies such as Scotch and Irish whiskies, Rampur benefits from a smooth, mellow taste with a long lasting finish.
How does Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky taste
The aroma reminded me of Christmas Cake right off the bat – toffee, fruit, honey and spice!
So soft – creamy with apricots and apples. A bite of that Christmas cake with a whisky butter!
- Appearance & Finish
Warm and golden with a chocolatey finish!
Why Lush Life loves it
I adore the mix of fruit and malt in Indian whiskies. They seem younger and fresher and able to work in cocktails slightly better.
How you drink Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky
Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky is either neat or over ice in a rocks glass, but it can definitely be used in cocktails.
Try Rampur in these classic whisky cocktails
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where you can buy Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky
UK: You can find Rampur at The Whisky Exchange!
USA: Sorry, it’s not in the USA yet!
Top Tip(ple)🍸: If you love Rampur, try other Indian Whiskies! You can find a whole selection on
Let me know what you think of Rampur by tagging me @alushlifemanual on instagram
More Lush Guides to Liquor!
Want to know more about the spirits that go into your cocktails? Check out my Lush Guides to Liquor!
- Lush Guide to Grenadine – the syrup that’s in almost all your favorite cocktails
- Lush Guide to Avallen – the new calvados that is so fabulous in cocktails
- Lush Guide to Starward Left-Field Whisky – Australia’s whisky that is fantastic in cocktails
- Lush Guide to Jägermeister – more than just J-bombs!
- Lush Guide to Tanqueray Blackcurrant Royale Gin – Tanqueray makes all sorts of different gins – this one is a blackberry lover’s dream
- Lush Guide to Black Cow Vodka – Actually made out of cheese!
- Lush Guide to Daddy Rack Tennessee Straight Whiskey – Discover the difference that being made in Tennessee makes!
- Lush Guide to Italicus – Rosolio di Bergamatto – the wunderkind spirit that takes the humble bergamot and makes magic
- Lush Guide to Coole Swan Irish Cream Liqueur – a wonderful addition to the Irish Cream category
PIN THIS FOR LATER