The Vodka Tonic is made using two ingredients, plus a garnish. Just make sure those ingredients are the best you can find! It makes all the difference!
On hot summer days, this classic cocktail is not just a refreshing drink, it can also taste fantastic. It is a fuss-free drink, you make it for your guests without needing a cocktail shaker or other accessories.
It was a play on the Gin & Tonic. As Vodka became the spirit of choice in the 1980’s, so did the Vodka Tonic. Now as gin becomes popular again, who knows what will happen to the classic Vodka Tonic!
What goes into a Vodka Tonic?
All you will need to make this simple cocktail at home:
- Vodka: Please use the best vodka you can. At the end of the day, with only two ingredients, you want a quality vodka which will stand out. The quinine can easily overshadow the vodka, so make it the best you can.
- Tonic water: I use only a premium brand, like Fever Tree. Good tonic water can really make the difference. You can easily find it at grocery stores.
- Lime wedge: Garnish this classic drink with a wedge of lime. The slightly sweet and citrusy flavor of the lemon wedge will infuse your drink and make it refreshing.
What tools you need to make Vodka Tonic
You won’t be needing a cocktail shaker for this one! Grab a jigger, a barspoon, and a highball glass for this Vodka Tonic recipe. I don’t think there is an easier cocktail recipe than this one. Here is what you have to do:
- Step 1: First of all, fill a highball or tall glass with ice cubes.
- Step 2: Now pour in vodka.
- Step 3: Then top-up the glass with the tonic
- Step 4: Drop a wedge of lime or lemon and gently stir to mix everything. Bottom’s up!
- 🍸Top Tip(le): It’s best if you put the vodka in the freezer to get it really cold beforehand.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes to spice up your simple drink.
- You can use flavored vodka like red grapefruit vodka to add more flavor to your drink.
- Add a splash of lemon or lime juice for a citrusy flavor. Always use fresh limes and fresh lemons!
- You can also add mint leaves.
- A dash of simple syrup adds a touch of sweetness.
Where to find more vodka cocktails
Here are a few of my favorites:
- The classic of classics: The Classic Gin Martini
- The super popular: The Espresso Martini
- James Bond’s go-to Martini: The Vodka Martini
- Try the Vesper Martini if you love Vermouth
- The Naughty Porn Star Martini
- The Martini of the Moment: The Gibson Martini
- My absolute fave: The Dirty Martini
Plus more tonic recipes here
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where to find ingredients for Vodka Tonic cocktails
You can find all the ingredients at Spirits Kiosk (10% off the entire site by quoting this code: ALushLife10SK.) in the UK; or Drizly (Get $5 Off Your Order of $20+ using code ALUSHLIFE5) in the USA!
Here is the recipe!
- 2 ounces / 50ml Vodka
- 6 ounces / 150ml Tonic water
- Lime wedge
- Add the vodka to a highball glass filled with ice
- Top up with the tonic
- Stir gently
- Garnish with the lime wedge
Pin it for later
Love this recipe?
Follow me on Pinterest for loads of great recipes and much more!! Just click the little red pin button at the top of the recipe card!