The most googled cocktail of the time, the Mojito, some say, is the perfect rum cocktail. It can be made so many ways – with simple syrup, with white sugar, with brown sugar, with superfine sugar – it really doesn’t matter as long as you have rum, mint and lime! I like tasting the sugar so I make mine with the normal stuff. Only freshly squeezed lime juice will do.
You’ll need the following equipment:
- 2 oz White rum
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 Mint leaves
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- Sparkling Water
- Mint sprig and lime wedges
- Step 1 Add the lime juice and sugar to a highball glass
- Step 2 Add the mint leaves and muddle gently.
- Step 3 Fill the glass with cracked ice
- Step 4 Add the the rum.
- Step 5 Top with sparkling water and through in a few lime wedges.
- Step 6 Garnish with a mint sprig
(For UK measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!)
If you are in the USA, you can find a great selection of Rum at Drizly.
If you are in the UK, you can find a great selection of Rum at The Whisky Exchange.