The Watermelon Martini is a fruity take on the classic Martini. It is so refreshing and and a perfect drink to enjoy on a very hot day. Making a batch of Watermelon Martinis is super easy to enjoy it with your friends and family.
Ever since the first Vodka Martini was stirred, people have been experimenting with different flavors to add to it. And as a result, many different versions of the Martini have originated. Although the exact time and day the Watermelon Martini recipe was invented are unknown, it is a widely enjoyed drink throughout USA and Europe, especially during the summer wherever you can find yourself a ripe watermelon!
What goes into a Watermelon Martini
Needless to say, to make this watermelon cocktails with fresh watermelon! It’s best during watermelon season.
- Watermelon: The main ingredient used for this martini recipe is sweet watermelon. You can use also use fresh watermelon juice if you don’t have fresh watermelons to hand!
- Mint leaves: Fresh mint leaves add a fresh flavor.
- Vodka: The booze you want is vodka. You can use your favorite vodka; just make sure it is a premium quality one.
- Orange Liqueur: You get a depth of sweetness by adding orange liqueur to the cocktail. Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or Triple Sec are good choices.
- Fresh Lime juice: It balances out the sweetness of the drink and also makes it more refreshing.
- Simple syrup: Simple syrup is made from sugar and water and adds sweetness to the drink.
- Garnish: You can use watermelon balls, a watermelon wedge or watermelon cubes to garnish. Even cucumber slices are a good accompaniment.
What tools you need to make Watermelon Martini
Here is how you can make this refreshing drink:
- Step 1: First of all, add watermelon cubes and mint leaves to a shaker. Using a muddler, muddle the ingredients for some time to get the maximum flavor out of them and make a watermelon puree. If you are using watermelon juice, you can skip this step. (Or add them to a food processor and make your own watermelon juice!)
- Step 2: Now add vodka, orange liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Step 3: Fill the shaker with ice cubes and seal the lid.
- Step 4: Start shaking until everything is well combined and the drink gets chilled.
- Step 5: Strain the drink over a serving glass and garnish with watermelon and mint. Bottoms up!!
- 🍸Top Tip(le): Here are a few ways you can change this recipe and give it a new flare:
- Tea: Add your favorite herbal tea or green tea along with vodka and watermelon and turn it into an iced tea drink. It is a perfect treat for hot days.
- Midori melon liqueur: You can use Midori melon liqueur as well. It won’t give you the signature red color but works well.
- Watermelon Schnapps: This liqueur has a rich, tangy, and watermelon-like flavor. It has a fruity flavor yet a hint of boldness which excites your taste buds.
- Non-alcoholic: You can turn it into a non-alcoholic version by replacing vodka with club soda or sparkling water. Whatever you like!
Where to find more Martini recipes
You can find loads of other martini recipes to try! Here are a few of my favorite cocktails:
- The classic of classics: The Classic Gin Martini
- The super popular: The Espresso Martini
- James Bond’s go-to Martini: The Vodka Martini
- Try the Vesper Martini if you love Vermouth
- The Naughty Porn Star Martini
- The Martini of the Moment: The Gibson Martini
- My absolute fave: The Dirty Martini
Plus more fruity cocktail recipes here
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where to find ingredients for Watermelon Martini
Here is the recipe!!
- ½ cup Fresh watermelon
- 1 ounce Vodka
- ½ ounce Orange Liqueur
- ½ ounce Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Simple Syrup
- 2 Mint leaves
- Watermelon ball
- Put the glass in the freezer to chill before you begin.
- Chop up the watermelon
- Add the watermelon and mint to a muddler and smush
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker
- Shake, shake, shake
- Strain into a Martini glass
- Garnish with a watermelon ball or wedge
Pin it for later
Love this recipe?
Follow me on Pinterest for loads of great recipes and much more!! Just click the little red pin button at the top of the recipe card!