Tim created this summery take on Masala Chai for ARTH restaurant in Mumbai!
Chill Your Chai
July 3, 2018
- 1L Vodka
- 1L Water
- 20g Golden Tip Assam Tea
- 1.5g Masala Chai
- 300ml Full Cream Milk
- 8g 15% Citric Acid
- Step 1 Brew 1L Water with the Golden Tip Assam Tea and Masala Chai for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Add vodka and leave to cool.
- Step 3
- Step 4 To Clarify – Heat the milk in a pan until it’s close to boiling. Remove from heat and add to your Masala Chai Mix.
- Step 5 Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Step 6 Add the Citric Acid and gently stir to begin the curdling process.
- Step 7 Leave to stand and gently stir every 10 minutes for 1 hour. Leave over night.
- Step 8 Next day strain the mix through muslin cloth and 2 coffee filters.
- Step 9 DO NOT try and push the mix through the filters as you will ruin the process.
- Step 10 Pour 150ml of your Masala Chai Mix over ice and strain into a chilled chai cutting glass.