Lemon Drop Martini is a super simple, refreshing cocktail for the lemonade lovers in all of you. It really is just simple lemonade mixed with vodka. Easy to make and perfect for beating the heat.
The origins of the Lemon Drop Martini are in San Francisco! Norman Jay Hobday is the man, but I think when Oprah served it to Rachael Ray on her show in 2006, the crowds went crazy and the Lemon Drop Martini became the cocktail to have.
It’s the perfect combination of something familiar, like lemonade or lemon drop candies, and a shot of smooth vodka! Like the Dirty Shirley, it’s one of those easy martini recipes that home bartenders can make that wows your guests!
What goes into a Lemon Drop Martini?
- Citron Vodka: I suggest using Citron Vodka (Absolute Citron is one) or a citrus vodka for that subtle hint of lemon or lime. Or just use your favorite vodka!
- Orange Liqueur: I would use Triple Sec. It adds both a sweet orange taste, as well as a slight bitterness from the orange peel. This addition of orange liqueur gives the cocktail the perfect balance of sweet and sharp.
- Fresh lemon juice: Make sure you always use freshly squeezed lemon juice! It just is a completely different lemon flavor!
- Simple syrup: It’s super easy to make simple syrup – so pre-make it so you have it ready!
- Garnish: You can garnish this drink with either a lemon twist, lemon slice, lemon wedge, lemon curl, or orange bitters.
What tools you need to make Lemon Drop Martini
You’ll be needing a cocktail shaker for this one! Also grab a jigger, a barspoon, a stainer and a Martini Glass for this easy recipe. It has simple ingredients, so one of the easier cocktails to make.
Making the Lemon Drop Martini recipe is effortless. In a cocktail shaker, add vodka, orange liqueur and fresh lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice cubes. Seal the lid and shake the cocktail shaker until everything is well combined and the drink is chilled. Bottoms up!
How to serve Lemon Drop Martini?
Although the easiest way to serve Lemon Drop Martini is by pouring it into a Martini Glass or cocktail glass and garnishing it with a lemon slice or twist, however, if you want to make this drink look a bit prettier, you can always add sugar to the rim of the glass:
- Step 1: Add granulated white sugar or superfine sugar if you can find it and a little lemon zest on a shallow plate. Mix well.
- Step 2: Place the martini glasses in the freezer for about 20 minutes so that it is chilled.
- Step 3: Take the glass out of the freezer, wet its rims using a lemon slice and dip it into the lemon zest and sugar mixture.
- Step 4: Now strain the prepared cocktail into the martini glass and garnish with a lemon twist. The sugared rim adds that attention to detail that will delight your guests.
- 🍸Top Tip(le): Here are a few additions you can make to this recipe:
- Meyer Lemons: Using the best lemons in the world will only make this cocktail better!
- Maple syrup: You can use maple syrup instead of simple syrup.
- Lemonade: Add pre-made lemonade instead of simple syrup and lemon juice for a quick and refreshing drink.
- Sugar sticks: Instead of adding simple syrup, you can pop in a sugared stick!
Where to find more Martini recipes
You can find loads of other martini recipes to try! Here are a few of my favorite cocktails:
- The classic of classics: The Classic Gin Martini
- The super popular: The Espresso Martini
- James Bond’s go-to Martini: The Vodka Martini
- Try the Vesper Martini if you love Vermouth
- The Naughty Porn Star Martini
- The Martini of the Moment: The Gibson Martini
- My absolute fave: The Dirty Martini
Plus more Lemon cocktails here
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where to find ingredients for The Lemon Drop Martini
You can find all the ingredients at Spirits Kiosk (10% off the entire site by quoting this code: ALushLife10SK.) in the UK; or Drizly (Get $5 Off Your Order of $20+ using code ALUSHLIFE5) in the USA!
Here is the recipe!
Lemon Drop Martini
Lemon Drop Martini is a super simple, refreshing cocktail for the lemonade lovers in all of you. It really is is simply lemonade mixed with vodka. Easy to make and perfect for beating the heat.
- 1 ½ ounces / 50ml citron vodka or vodka
- ½ ounce / 25ml Orange liqueur
- ½ ounce / 25 ml Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- Fresh Lemon Zest
- Lemon twist
- Put the martini glass in the fridge to chill.
- Mix the sugar with the finely grated zest of the lemon, and set aside.
- Add the vodka, orange liqueur, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker
- Add ice
- Shake, shake, shake
- Use a lemon to wet the edge of the martini glass
- Dip the rim into the sugar and the zest combo
- Strain the cocktail into glass
- Garnish with the lemon twist
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Pin it for later
Love this recipe?
Follow me on Pinterest for loads of great recipes and much more!! Just click the little red pin button at the top of the recipe card!