My Dad makes a great Sangria. Since we just celebrated Father's Day a few weeks back, I thought I would share with you his fabulous recipe. Remember when making it, as my mother was quick to remind me, it's all about that brandy and peach!
- 1 1/2 Liter Red Wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Large Lemon, sliced
- 1 Large Orange, sliced
- 1 Large Peach, cut into thin section
- 3-4 oz plain Brandy
- Soda Water
- Mix wine, sugar and fruit, and let sit in the fridge for 18-24 hours. The mixture will have a somewhat syrupy consistency
- Before serving stir in Brandy and cut mixture with soda water until it have a thinner, more wine -like consistency
- Serve a pitcher in wine glasses with loads of ice!