Although we are pretty sure that the Pisco Sour was invented in Peru, you can use either Peruvian or Chilean Pisco to make this lovely cocktail. The trick to get the lovely foam is to dry shake it with all the ingredients BEFORE you shake it with the ice!
You’ll need the following equipment:
- 2 oz Pisco
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz Simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 to 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Step 1 Add all ingredients into a shaker without ice and shake as hard as you can
- Step 2 Then add ice and shake again
- Step 3 Strain into a rocks glass with or without ice or into a coupe glass neat
- Step 4 Garnish with a few dashes of Angostura bitters
(For UK measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!)
If you are in the USA, you can find a great selection of Pisco at Drizly.
If you are in the UK, you can find a great selection of Pisco at The Whisky Exchange.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!