Maybe too young to be called a whisky in the UK, but Bankhall Sweet Mash is just too good not to share. Perfect in an Old-Fashioned, a New York Sours, and any other whisky cocktail you want to shake or stir!
Brand-new Bankhall Sweet Mash, a bourbon style liquid and not yet a whisky, was so good that Vince Oleson, Distillery Manager, and his team bottled it and it’s now ready for you to drink. I am loving it! Vince moved to Blackpool from New York City to redefine what English whisk(e)y could be. So we are in for a wild ride!
What is Bankhall Sweet Mash
Let’s start with sweet mash. Sweet mashing is the process in whisky making that means to start with a fresh batch each time. Now think corn, rye and malted barley – don’t ask, they won’t tell you the exact proportions. Think aged in new American charred barrels. That’s where you begin with Bankhall. Now imagine triple distilled, no filtration, no color added and 46% ABV and you have Bankhall Sweet Mash!
How does Bankhall Sweet Mash taste
- Color: Light copper
- Nose: Caramel, Oak
- Taste: 46% packs a punch, you can really taste the oak, but then it settles into the flavors you know and love of a bourbon-style recipe of corn, rye and malt.
- Finish: The spicy vanilla stay on your palate to remind you what you just drank.
- Alcohol: 46%
Why Lush Life loves it
Number 1 – Bankhall makes a mean Old Fashioned – one of my favs. Number 2 – I love when people are passionate about the spirits they make and Vince and his team are super passionate. They also are working with the community of Blackpool, adding jobs and helping revive the city. Number 3 – #AdventuresInDistilling is their motto, need we say more!
How you drink Bankhall Sweet Mash
Either neat or over ice in a rocks glass, but it can definitely be used in cocktails.
Top Tip(ple)🍸: If you love Bourbon cocktails, try my 10 Best Bourbon Cocktails!
Cocktails made with Bankhall Sweet Mash
A New York Sour made the Bankhall way. A tribute to Vince.
Instead of simple syrup, Vince added Pumpkin Syrup to spice up the Old Fashioned a bit more! It doesn't have to be autumn to enjoy this delicious serve!
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where you can buy Bankhall Sweet Mash
UK: You can Bankhall Sweet Mash at Bottle Club.
USA: Not yet in the USA!
More Lush Guides to Liquor!
Want to know more about the spirits that go into your cocktails? Check out my Lush Guides to Liquor!
- Lush Guide to Grenadine – the syrup that’s in almost all your favorite cocktails
- Lush Guide to Avallen – the new calvados that is so fabulous in cocktails
- Lush Guide to Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky – the premier Indian whisky
- Lush Guide to Starward Left-Field Whisky – Australia’s whisky that is fantastic in cocktails
- Lush Guide to Jägermeister – more than just J-bombs!
- Lush Guide to Tanqueray Blackcurrant Royale Gin – Tanqueray makes all sorts of different gins – this one is a blackberry lover’s dream
- Lush Guide to Black Cow Vodka – Actually made out of cheese!
- Lush Guide to Daddy Rack Tennessee Straight Whiskey – Discover the difference that being made in Tennessee makes!
- Lush Guide to Italicus – Rosolio di Bergamatto – the wunderkind spirit that takes the humble bergamot and makes magic
- Lush Guide to Coole Swan Irish Cream Liqueur – a wonderful addition to the Irish Cream category
Let me know what you think of Bankhall Sweet Mash by tagging me @alushlifemanual on instagram
PIN THIS FOR LATER