A New Orleans classic, the Ramos Gin Fizz was created by Henry Charles “Carl” Ramos at the Imperial Cabinet Saloon in 1888! Since then it has become one of the city's enduring classics!
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 fresh egg white
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- 3 dashes orange flower water
- Club soda, to top
- Add the gin, simple syrup, heavy cream, lemon and lime juices, orange flower water and egg white into a shaker WITHOUT ICE
- Dry-shake until you can't anymore
- Add ice
- Shake, shake, shake
- Strain into a Highball glass.
- Pour club soda inside edge of shaker to loosen remaining froth. Add that gently into the drink and serve.