Indulge in the luxurious experience of a rich and delicious margarita that will excite your taste buds. Made with the world-famous Código 1530’s Rosa Tequila, this Pumpkin Pie Margarita is among the popular fall drinks and is perfect for a holiday party or Thanksgiving menu.
There are so many different stories of when and how the Margarita was invented. However, my favorite is that a Mexican bartender in 1942 who migrated to America mixed tequila with lemon juice and loved it so much. He named the drink after his wife “Margarita.” He migrated later and made this drink so popular. I don’t really believe this, but it makes for a great story.
Once autumn rolls around and Halloween nearing, everything is made with pumpkin spice goodness! It’s just one of those American traditions. Since the pumpkin pie is the favorite fall pie, the pumpkin spice latte was sure to follow and then the pumpkin spice martini, and then the pumpkin spice margarita. This is not a bad thing especially when we add Código Tequila!
The Pumpkin Pie Martini is one of those perfect cocktail recipes for your Thanksgiving menu, in fact some just call it the Thanksgiving Margarita. With its sweet flavors of pumpkin and warming spices, it’s like having a pie of pumpkin pie in your glass. The perfect marriage of pumpkin and tequila makes for a delicious cocktail and a great fall cocktail recipe.
What goes into a Código Tequila Pumpkin Pie Margarita
- Tequila: The base for this drink is tequila! This recipes uses Código 1530’s Rosa Tequila. It is floral, and light and slightly aged in Napa Cabernet barrels – great for any tequila cocktail. You can use an aged reposado tequila if you wish.
- Pumpkin purée: You can’t make a pumpkin pie margarita without pumpkin puree. Pumpkin puree is smooth and creamy, so it’s easy to work with. It also adds the notes of Fall and is beautiful color. you are looking for. Still you can always make your own, especially when in the autumn when you can find a real pumpkin everywhere.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds the acidity that compliments the tequila and cuts through the sweetness. Its tanginess balances out the flavors of this margarita and adds freshness to the drink. If you don’t have lemon juice available, you can use lime juice as well. Make sure you are always using fresh lemon or lime.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup completes this drink by adding sweetness and toffee-like flavor to the drink. It balances the flavor of this drink, making it tasteful and heartwarming. Of course, you can use simple syrup or a brown sugar syrup as well.
What tools you need to make Código Tequila Pumpkin Pie Margarita
You’ll need a cocktail shaker for this one! Grab a jigger, a strainer, and a rocks glass for this Código Tequila Pumpkin Pie Margarita recipe.
First of all, grab a shaker. Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, lemon juice, and Código Rosa Tequila to it. Add ice and give it a quick shake for about 30 seconds. Once everything is well incorporated, pour the drink into glasses and serve.
- 🍸Top Tip(le): Pumpkin Pie Margarita variations
- Cinnamon rim: In a deep dish, pour maple syrup and dip the glass in it so that the rim is wet. Now dip it in cinnamon-spiced sugar, so that it sticks to the rim. Now pour the drink into the glass. Garnish it with a cinnamon stick and lemon or orange peel. You can also add a fresh sprig of rosemary or thyme.
- Graham Cracker Crust Rim: To make it a true pumpkin pie experience, rim the glass with maple syrup and dip it in graham cracker crumbs!
- Pumpkin-Pie Spice Rim: If you can’t get enough of pumpkin spice flavor, then sprinkle the rim of your glass with a teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Garnish variations: Feel free to add whatever you like – lime wedge, cinnamon stick. dried orange.
- Types of tequila: Any will do but I like a blanco or rosa. Why make a good margarita when you can make a great margarita!
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup: Another way to add a little more pumpkin flavor. Make a simple syrup and add pumpkin spice to it. When the syrup cools, store it in the fridge to use later!
Where to find more margarita recipes
Here are a few of my favorites for that fall soirée or any time of year!
- How to Make a Margarita
- How to Make the Tommy’s Margarita
- How to Make the Hornitos Spicy Cucumber Margarita
- How to Make the Mezcal Tommy’s Margarita
- How to Make the Publik Strawberry Margarita
Plus more Código Tequila recipes here
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where to find ingredients for Margarita cocktails
You can find all the ingredients at Spirits Kiosk (10% off the entire site by quoting this code: ALushLife10SK.) in the UK; or Drizly (Get $5 Off Your Order of $20+ using code ALUSHLIFE5) in the USA!
Here is the recipe!
Código 1530 Pumpkin Pie Margarita
- 2.5 oz Código 1530 Rosa Tequila
- 1 oz Pumpkin purée
- .5 oz Lemon Juice
- .25 oz Maple Syrup
- Wet rim of the glass in maple syrup and dip in cinnamon sugar
- Shake all ingredients and strain into glass over ice.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and dried orange.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin it for later
Love this recipe?
Follow me on Pinterest for loads of great recipes and much more!! Just click the little red pin button at the top of the recipe card!