Enjoy the “South Of The River My Man” while you’re outside on the terrace of the East London Liquor Company! You need some time to make this cocktail if you want to get it right. First start with East London Liquor Company’s Demerara Rum and some Taiwanese Oolong Tea. Use 14g of tea to a 700ml bottle and let it cold infuse for two hours then strained out the leaves. Mikey says t’s important not to press the leaves or you get tannins in the rum. Once you’ve made that then you are ready to make our cocktail.
South of the River My Man, East London Liquor Company, London
- 50ml of the Tea infused Rum you just made
- 10ml Japanese Umeshu Plum Liqueur
- 3 Dashes Of Miracle Mile Pecan Bitters
- Step 1 Pour all the ingredients into a mixing glass
- Step 2 Stir down over ice
- Step 3 Serve neat in a cocktail glass
- Step 4 Garnish with jasmine tea buds
To hear more from East London Liquor Company’s Mikey Pendergast, go to his Lush Life podcast interview.
or buy it now:
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and make a purchase, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you anything.