When someone like Thomas Soden, barman extraordinaire, gets his hands on an Old Fashioned recipe, it will most definitely emerge as something else and probably even better. His Old English cocktail is insanely delicious with a mixture of runny honey, whisky and marmalade, plus a little Campari and bitters to add a bite!
- To hear all about Thomas Soden, go to his Lush Life podcast interview.
- 2 tbsp Marmalade
- 50 ml Runny Honey
- 250 ml Boiling Water
- 50 ml Campari
- 10 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 450 ml Rich fruity Scotch, such as Highland Park 12yr, Craggonmore 12yr or Singleton of Dufftown
- Add marmalade, honey & boiling water & mix together in a jug until dissolved before allowing to cool.
- Strain off any bits from the marmalade & mix in the Angostura bitters, Campari & Scotch whisky.
- Pour into a bottle & store in the fridge until required.
- When serving pour over cubed or cracked block ice.
- Garnish with an orange twist.