When someone like Thomas Soden, barman extraordinaire, gets his hands on an Old Fashioned recipe, it will most definitely emerge as something else and probably even better. His Old English cocktail is insanely delicious with a mixture of runny honey, whisky and marmalade, plus a little Campari and bitters to add a bite!
You’ll need the following equipment:
- 2 Tablespoons of Marmalade
- 50ml Runny Honey
- 250ml Boiling Water
- 50ml Campari
- 10 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 450ml Rich, fruity Scotch, such as Highland Park 12yr, Craggonmore 12yr or Singleton of Dufftown
- Step 1 Add marmalade, honey & boiling water & mix together in a jug until dissolved before allowing to cool.
- Step 2 Strain off any bits from the marmalade & mix in the Angostura bitters, Campari & Scotch whisky.
- Step 3 Pour into a bottle & store in the fridge until required.
- Step 4 When serving pour over cubed or cracked block ice.
- Step 5 Garnish with an orange twist.
If you are in the USA, you can buy all these spirits on Drizly.
If you are in the UK, you can buy all these spirits on Amazon!
To hear all about Thomas Soden, go to his Lush Life podcast interview.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and make a purchase, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you anything.