This has to be one of the easiest cocktails to make. In fact, hardly any work goes into it at all! Just a shot of cherry vodka and one other very important ingredient, makes this the classic pre-party “cocktail” bomb shot.
I can’t tell you who invented this combination of cherry vodka and grenadine syrup, but it really doesn’t matter. Since the production of Red Bull energy drink came into being, the Cherry Bomb Shot recipe has been one fan favorite!
What is a Bomb Shot
You may have heard of the most famous bomb shot of all, the Jäger Bomb shot! If you know how that works, you understand the bomb shot concept. If not, a bomb shot, aka a depth charge or drop shot, is when you drop the shot glass filled with spirit into highball or rocks glass filled with another liquor.
Then the two liquids become one shot and it is chugged!
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
What is a Cherry Bomb Shot
There are loads of ways to make a Cherry Bomb Shot, but I am sticking to the purest recipe and the shortest total time to make. The ingredients couldn’t be simpler:
- Cherry vodka
- Red Bull or other energy drink
- Grenadine syrup
Easy, easy easy.
- Variations on the Cherry Bomb Shot🍸:
- You can make your own cherry vodka by muddling fresh cherries or maraschino cherries in a cocktail shaker, add the vodka and ice cubes, then strain into the shot glass
- If you like it sweeter, you can use a cherry liqueur, like Dr. McGillicuddy or just a dash of simple syrup
- You can use some lime juice or lemon juice to cut through the sweetness.
What tools you need to make the Cherry Bomb shot
Where to find more cocktail shot recipes
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Chocolate Cake Shot
- Bomb Pop Shot
- Lemon Drop Shot
- Green Tea Shot
- Watermelon Shot
- Alien Brain Hemorrhage Shot
Where to find ingredients for the Cherry Bomb shot
If you are in the UK, I love Vestal Cherry Vodka or Absolut Bitter Cherry Vodka. For Grenadine, I always use Monin Grenadine, as for Red Bull – well you can get that anywhere, but here it is on Amazon.
For Drizly – Get $5 Off Your Order of $20+ using code ALUSHLIFE5 in the USA!
Here is the recipe:
The shot that might remind you of the cough syrup you had as a child. This one will get you going all night long!
- 1 oz Cherry liqueur or vodka
- 4 oz Redbull or an energy drink
- Fill the shot glass with cherry liqueur or vodka
- Fill another glass with Redbull
- Add a splash of grenadine to the Redbull
- Shoot by dropping the show glass into the glass filled with Redbull
PIN THS RECIPE FOR LATER