The Cheshire Cat by bartender Nikki Fairman for FIG, Charleston
- 2 oz - Cucumber Tequila*
- .75 oz - Lime Juice
- .75 oz - Nikolaihof Elderflower Syrup
- 2 droppers - Butterfly Pea Extract
- 6 drops - Orange Blossom Water
- Step 1 In a rocks glass, add the Butterfly Pea Extract, Orange Blossom Water and chilled Cucumber Tequila over one large ice cube.
- Step 2 Give the contents a quick stir just to incorporate them.
- Step 3 Combine the equal parts Lime and Elderflower Syrup (.75oz each) together in a “Pour Me” sidecar.
- Step 4 To enjoy this whimsical tipple, just pour in the sidecar ingredients, give it a stir and watch the magic happen!
- To Make the Cucumber Tequila:
Vacuum seal 1 liter of silver tequila and 400g of peeled, de-seeded, sliced cucumbers. Place in a 140 degree water bath for 2 hours. Shock in an ice bath for 20 minutes. Strain.
Want to hear Ashley Dods, Dining Room Manager of FIG restaurant describe the cocktails – head to the Lush Life episode on Charleston!
If you want to see how it all goes down, here is a video I took: