Old Forester Mint Julep
- 2 oz Old Forester Classic 86 Proof
- 0.75 oz Simple Syrup
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 3 mint sprigs, for garnish
- Step 1 Pack mint julep cup with crushed ice.
- Step 2 In a mixing glass, combine bourbon, syrup, and mint leaves.
- Step 3 Lightly bruise mint leaves with a muddler.
- Step 4 Strain contents into julep cup.
- Step 5 Garnish with 3 generous sprigs of mint.
- Step 6 *Make sure to slap mint.
- Step 7 *Make sure to insert paper straw into ice near mint.
Want to try making an Old Fashioned as well? The “original” recipe is here, so try it out!
If you want to hear the story of the Old Fashioned and how Old Forester fits in, then tune into Lush Life’s episode!
You’ll always find all the ingredients in our shop.