Want to try making an Old Fashioned as well? The “original” recipe is here, so try it out!
(For UK measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!)
If you are in the USA, you can buy Old Forester at Reservebar.com
If you are in the UK, you can buy Old Forester at Amazon.
If you want to hear the story of the Old Fashioned and how Old Forester fits in, then tune into Lush Life’s episode!
- 2 oz Old Forester Classic 86 Proof
- 0.75 oz Simple Syrup
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 3 mint sprigs, for garnish
- Pack mint julep cup with crushed ice.
- In a mixing glass, combine bourbon, syrup, and mint leaves.
- Lightly bruise mint leaves with a muddler.
- Strain contents into julep cup.
- Garnish with 3 generous sprigs of mint.