31st July 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of Black Tot Day – that’s 50 years since the British Navy were given their final rum ration. Known to some sailors as ‘the day the rum died’ the story of Black Tot Day and Navy Rum provides countless tales of the traditions of rum at sea which, far from causing rum to ‘die’, have sparked interest and intrigue from rum lovers all over the world.
To mark the 50th Anniversary, Black Tot Brand Ambassador Mitch Wilson has created The Golden Tot – a rich celebration of Black Tot Finest Caribbean Rum, with tropical fruits and spices. Tall, refreshing, and perfect for summer, we invite you all to join us in raising a glass to commemorate this Golden Anniversary of Navy Rum history.”
- 50ml Black Tot Finest Caribbean Rum
- 50ml Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 10ml Yellow Chartreuse
- 10ml Fresh Lime juice
- 5ml Demerara Syrup (to make, stir 2 parts Demerara sugar to 1 part water until fully dissolved)
- 2 dash Angostura bitters
- Top with Ginger Ale
- Garnish - pineapple fronds and/or pineapple wedge
- Pour ingredients together in a highball glass.
- Fill to the brim with ice and top with a quality ginger ale.
If sharing with friends, we recommend making a large pitcher or punch bowl that can be shared with friends.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!