This recipe is from The Art & Craft of Coffee Cocktails by Jason Clark.
- 15 ml/½ oz cola
- 35 ml/1¼ oz Glenfiddich 12 Years Old
- 22.5 ml/¾ oz Jägermeister
- 7.5 ml/¼ oz Vana Tallinn liqueur
- 45 ml/1½ oz cold brew coffee
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 1 orange zest (4 cm/1½ in)
- Garnish: Cinnamon cocoa dust & 1 star anise
- Add the cola to a chilled rocks glass.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a cocktail shaker, fill with cubed ice and shake well.
- Strain into the glass over the cola.
- Garnish with the cinnamon cocoa dust and star anise.
This drink is pretty versatile with regard to coffee due to the other robust flavours, so give it a go with whatever strong cold brew you have to hand.
Jägermeister and malt whisky work wonderfully together with the cold brew. Vana Tallinn liqueur, a lovely citrus, vanilla, cinnamon, rum-based liqueur from Estonia, is not essential to the recipe, but does pair really well with the other ingredients. If unavailable, it can be substituted with Cointreau.