A favourite hosting approach for me has always been to bottle up a base, then top up with bubbles as guests arrive. It works wonderfully during other seasons too, but I find that particularly around the festive periods, when people are much more lax with timings, having something that can be poured quickly at the last minute, to get everyone a drink without taking you away from the celebrations, is a great plan. This might seem very bright in profile, but it works perfectly with any true dry sparkling wine to accentuate the characteristics – but you can easily go big and powerful with flavours, too
- 4 shots 100ml/4oz water
- 6 shots 150ml/6oz lemon barley water cordial
- 8 shots 200ml/8oz fino sherry or dry vermouth
- 12 shots 300ml/12oz London dry gin
- 10 dashes Tabasco
- Rosemary sprigs to garnish
- Add the water, cordial, sherry or vermouth and gin to a jug, then add the Tabasco
- Stir and then decant into a clean wine bottle and chill well
- To serve, add a shot and a half (40ml/1.5oz) of the chilled mixture to a flute, then top with bubbles.
- Add a sprig of rosemary and serve
Serving: 1gCalories: 207kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 2gSodium: 138mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!