This week, our guest Gregory J. Buda is mixing an Irish Whiskey & Apricot Soda – a match made in heaven! Sadly, unless you can scam a few bottles of Dickie’s Dried Apricot Soda, you can’t make this at home. Still, you can make Cinnamon Tincture at home. The recipe is below!
Irish Whiskey & Apricot
- 50ml Green Spot Irish Whiskey
- Dickie's Dried Apricot Soda
- Atomized Cinnamon Tincture
- A dried apricot
- Step 1 In an ice-filled highball, gently build
- Step 2 Green Spot Irish Whiskey
- Step 3 Top with Dickie’s Dried Apricot Soda
- Step 4 Add 5 sprays of atomized Cinnamon Tincture over the surface of the drink
- Step 5 Garnish with the dried apricot
- Step 6 Serve with a straw
CINNAMON TINCTURE according to WineMag.com
Roast 5 cinnamon sticks at 400°F or toast them in a pan set over high heat until slightly smoking. Let the sticks cool before handling.
Break the cinnamon sticks into ½-inch pieces and place them in a spice bag.
Steep the cinnamon in a sealed 16-ounce jar with 500 ml of grain alcohol, vodka or other high-proof neutral spirit for 7–14 days. Remove the cinnamon from the tincture and discard. Stored in a cool environment, the tincture can keep for several months.
To hear more from Gregory Buda, go to her Lush Life podcast interview.
PIN IT LATER