The Vodka Press is one of those easy vodka drinks that you don’t know why you don’t make all the time. It is a no-fuss drink and can be enjoyed on every occasion! A Vodka Press can never let you down!
The name Vodka Press might sound a bit strange, but there is a reason this drink is called press. The name took inspiration from a whiskey drink called “Presbyterian.” Plus, any drink with an equal quantity of 7Up and soda water is called “press.”
The traditional Vodka Press cocktail was made by mixing club soda and ginger ale equally. The modern version substitutes the ginger ale with vodka instead.
What goes into a Vodka Press?
It’s really just two simple ingredients but you can adda splash of this and a garnish of that!
- Vodka: The main ingredient used to make the Vodka Press is, of course, a shot of vodka. Although I have used plain vodka for this recipe, you can go for flavored vodka as well. Plain vodka has a subtle flavor which is just right for this recipe, so I suggest you use a good vodka. Always choose a premium brand like Tito’s Handmade Vodka or make a Grey Goose Press.
- 7UP / Sprite / Lemonade: You will need a carbonated lemon-lime soda like 7UP or in you are in the UK, use Lemonade for this recipe. It not just makes the drink bubble, but also adds a sweet and refreshing flavor to the drink.
- Soda Water: Soda water or club soda or seltzer work fine. Just make sure the brand isn’t too salty.
- Garnish: I love adding fresh slices of lime, la lime wedge and mint leaves to this recipe. Lime adds a freshness and citrusy touch to the drink, whereas mint offers a very refreshing flavor. You can also use a lemon twist for garnish.
What tools you need to make Vodka Press
You won’t be needing a cocktail shaker for this one! Grab a jigger, a barspoon, and a highball glass or a rocks glass for a smaller version of this Vodka Press recipe.
Start by filling loads of ice cubes to the glass. Now pour 2oz vodka in it. Next, pour the 7UP and equal parts soda water. Finish the drink off the classic cocktail with lime wedges and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!
- 🍸Top Tip(le): There are a million variations to the Vodka Press
- Cranberry soda: You can skip the 7UP or replace it with cranberry soda. It has a rich, fruity cranberry flavor which is really tasteful.
- Grapefruit juice: Give this drink a citrusy touch by adding grapefruit juice to it. It not just gives the Vodka Press a beautiful blush pink color, but also adds a complex flavor.
- Citrus sparkling water: Replace club soda with sparkling citrus water. The freshness and citrusy flavor of lemon juice, lime, oranges add a nice touch to the Vodka Press. Add lemon wheels, a orange slice, or slice of lime.
- Cucumber vodka: Vodka comes in so many flavors. You can use whatever flavor you like the most. Try cucumber vodka, for instance and then add a cucumber slice. It adds a great subtle flavor to this drink.
- Grapefruit Vodka Press: This is another one that works so well. Find a good Grapefruit Vodka and add that.
- Sweeten it a but more: Add a dash if simple syrup or maple syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of vodka should I use in a vodka press?
You can use any type of vodka you prefer. Some people prefer a smoother vodka, while others like a vodka with more bite.
Can I use other types of citrus juice in a vodka press?
Yes, you can experiment with other citrus juices such as lime or grapefruit to create variations of the vodka press cocktail.
Can I make a large batch of vodka press for a party?
Yes, you can scale up the recipe to make a large batch of vodka press for a party. Just multiply the ingredients by the number of servings you want to make and mix everything in a large pitcher.
Where to find more vodka recipes
Here are a few of my favorites:
- How to Make the Cherry Vodka Sour
- How to Make the Vodka Sunrise
- How to Make the Vodka Sour
- How to Make the Black Cow Vodka Martini
- How to Make a Bloody Mary
- How to Make the Espresso Martini
- How to Make the Zeo Dry Martini (non-alcoholic)
Plus more two ingredient cocktail recipes here
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
Where to find ingredients for Vodka Press cocktails
You can find all the ingredients at Spirits Kiosk (10% off the entire site by quoting this code: ALushLife10SK.) in the UK; or Drizly (Get $5 Off Your Order of $20+ using code ALUSHLIFE5) in the USA!
Here is the recipe!
The Vodka Press is probably the most straightforward drink you can ever make. It's a no-fuss drink. Easy to make to enjoy on every occasion!
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 3 ounces 7up/Sprite
- 3 ounces Soda Water
- Garnish: lime & mint
- Add the vodka to a highball glass with ice
- Top up with soda water and 7Up/Sprite
- Add lime and mint
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 50gProtein: 1g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Pin it for later
Love this recipe?
Follow me on Pinterest for loads of great recipes and much more!! Just click the little red pin button at the top of the recipe card!