Lemongrass and ginger shake up the traditional Mai Tai in Montanya Rum's Mai Thai!
- 1 1/2 ounces Montanya Oro rum
- 3/4 ounce orange curaçao, preferably Marie Brizard or Creole Shrubb
- 1/2 ounce velvet falernum
- 1/2 ounce house lemongrass syrup*
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- ginger foam* (optional)
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Glassware: Rocks
- Add all ingredients except ginger foam to a shaker
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over cracked ice and top with ginger foam (optional).
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
*To make lemongrass syrup, add 3-4 lemongrass stalks to 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer until all sugar is dissolved. Let cool, strain and refrigerate until ready to use.
*To make ginger foam: Add 4 egg whites, 3 oz fresh lemon juice, 3 oz simple syrup and 1 oz fresh pressed ginger juice (all shaken together) to a whipped cream dispenser with an N2O cartridge to foam.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.