And they’re off! If you are hearing those words, you are definitely sipping a Mint Julep, the drink of choice at the Kentucky Derby. A classic Bourbon Cocktail and so easy with its combination of mint, sugar and Woodford Reserve Bourbon. Just make sure you have the signature silver Julep cup and loads of crushed ice.
You’ll need the following equipment:
Woodford Reserve Mint Julep
- 60 ml Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 10 ml Sugar Syrup
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- Sprig of Mint
- Step 1 Add the bourbon, simple syrup and mint leaves to your julep cup
- Step 2 Stir gently so as not to crush the mint leaves, but to finesse them
- Step 3 Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir again to chill
- Step 4 Add more ice, so it’s full and serve
- Step 5 Garnish with a mint sprig
(For US measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!)
If you are in the USA, you can find Woodford Reserve Bourbon at Drizly.
If you are in the UK, you can find Woodford Reserve Bourbon at The Whisky Exchange.