And they’re off! If you are hearing those words, you are definitely sipping a Mint Julep, the drink of choice at the Kentucky Derby. A classic Bourbon Cocktail and so easy with its combination of mint, sugar and Woodford Reserve Bourbon. Just make sure you have the signature silver Julep cup and loads of crushed ice.
You’ll need the following equipment:
For US measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!
If you are in the USA, you can find Woodford Reserve Bourbon at ReserveBar.com.
If you are in the UK, you can find Woodford Reserve Bourbon at The Whisky Exchange.
- 60 ml Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 10 ml Sugar Syrup
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- Sprig of Mint
- Add the bourbon, simple syrup and mint leaves to your julep cup
- Stir gently so as not to crush the mint leaves, but to finesse them
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir again to chill
- Add more ice, so it's full and serve
- Garnish with a mint sprig
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.