Our cocktail of the week is one of the many that Johnny made for me. It’s called the Mauresque Mai Tai – the Savoie twist on the Mai Tai or you could say a tiki twist on the local Mauresque cocktail, originally made with Absinthe and Orgeat.
Mauresque Mai Tai
- 20 ml Pastis
- 20 ml Classic Rum (Cuban or Puerto Rican)
- 20 ml Sugar cane rum (cachaca, rhum agricole)
- 20 ml Orgeat Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Orange Blossom Water and then
- 20 ml squeezed lime juice
- Aromatic Bitters
- Garnish - mint, slice of dried lime and a star anise
- Step 1 Put all the ingredients into a shaker
- Step 2 Add ice and then shake.
- Step 3 Double strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
- Step 4 Add a few dashes of aromatic bitters on the top
- Step 5 Garnish with mint, slice of dried lime and a star anise
Hear Johnny explaining the Mauresque Mai Tai on Lush Life Podcast!
Heading to Savoie Mont Blanc to try these wines? Don’t miss my Guide to the Savoie Wine Region on Best Bits Worldwide.