Making Rose Syrup is so easy and it can be added to your Chardonnay, Prosecco, or anything really to give it a lovely summery flavor.
- Cocktail Making – as said before, Rose syrup is fabulous to add to any spirit
- Non-Alcoholic cocktails – add to iced tea and lemonade, or just fizzy water
- Over any berry dessert! We had it with pannacotta!
Be sure to buy CULINARY-GRADE roses, not the ones you get at the florist!
Homemade Rose Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh rose petals
- Step 1 Place the rose petals (only) in a bowl.
- Step 2 Squeeze the juice of a lemon over them and scrunch in.
- Step 3 Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Step 4 Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Step 5 Add in the rose petals and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 6 Strain into glass jars, removing the petals from the liquid
- Step 7 Turn them upside down and store for a few days.
- Step 8 Add to Chardonnay!
We made it with Nonna Ponomarenco at the agriturismo Maso Flonkeri in Bosentino, Trentino, Italy!