Whisky is not only for winter nights! Although we love Sangria for the summer, sometimes it’s fun to try something different. This recipe for the For summer 2021, Glen Moray single malt whisky Sunshine Punch is guaranteed to change your mind!
This light and fruity recipe was created by UK spirit supremos Neil Ridley and Joel Harrison. Brits will know them as the Channel Four’s Sunday Brunch drinks experts. They are the authors of six books on whisky and distilled drinks,’Keepers Of The Quaich’, Mousquetaires d’ Armagnac, Rectifiers of the Gin Guild and Liverymen for the Worshipful Company Of Distillers!
Inspired by the rich, malty notes of Glen Moray, Neil and Joel have created a Sunshine Punch, packed with the flavours of fruit, honey and vanilla and perfect for sharing!
Made in advance to allow the mixture to fully infuse for the tastiest experience, this punch is perfect for sharing with friends as you soak up the sun. The rich, malty notes of Glen Moray combine beautifully with the ripe citrus ingredients and the sweet flavours of honey and fresh vanilla.
- 375ml Glen Moray Elgin Classic
- 1 fresh vanilla pod, split
- The zest of one fresh lemon
- Zest of half an orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 dashes cocktail bitters (optional)
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 small apple, sliced
- 350ml chilled green tea
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl
- Stir and allow to steep for a few hours or overnight
- Strain using a small sieve and store in the fridge until needed
- Serve over ice in a short tumbler, with a slice of orange
- Makes ten drinks