This Southside, created by Diageo World Class Global Cocktailian Lauren Mote, packs a punch. Add in her fermented pineapple cordial and you will never make it the same way again!
- Photo by Jonathan Chovancek @chefjonathanc!
- 60ml Tanqueray No. TEN Gin
- 30ml Fermented Pineapple Cordial*
- 2 dashes Bittered Sling Grapefruit & Hops Bitters
- 6 leaves mint plus sprig for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker
- Add ice and shake, shake, shake!
- Double strain neat into a coupe glass
- Garnish with a grapefruit cheek with a threaded mint sprig
Fermented Pineapple Cordial* (makes 500ml)
- 100g pineapple chunks
- 300g sugar (any sugar – white, raw, other)
- 200ml water
- 10g citric acid powder (or 250ml lemon or lime juice)
Add the pineapple chunks and sugar to a non-reactive container, close the lid. Store at room temperature, mixing and “burping” the container to expel any gas – the mix will start to ferment after 24 hours. For a robust flavour, ferment for 48-72 hours. Add all to a bowl, add the water. Stir until the sugar and water is combined. Micro filter to remove the pineapple pieces and debris, stir in acid until combined. Store in a bottle or clean container in the cooler up to 7 days.
For US measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements Converter!
If you are in the USA, you can find all these ingredients at Saucey.
If you are in the UK, you can find all these ingredients at The Whisky Exchange