A sophisticated take on the classic G&T, this cocktail involves a fermentation process that brings a concentration of acidity, fruitiness and umami notes, all embraced with some quinine aromatics and a hint of floral smoke, for an extra layer of flavour.
Cocktail Tip from world class mixologist, Walter Pintus: This straightforward recipe can be built directly in the glass, over ice cubes. If you don’t have a measure, you can use the screw cap from a bottle, which takes roughly 10ml of liquid.
- 40ml Caorunn Gin
- 30ml raspberry cordial or raspberry fermentation
- 25ml lemon juice
- 40ml tonic water
- 2ml peat whisky (we like to use anCnoc Peatheart)
- Stir together 500 grams of caster sugar with one litre of water and 200g raspberries in a pan.
- Bring it to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down, strain and refrigerate.
- If using a raspberry fermentation, weigh 20 grams of raspberries, add 5 grams of salt and wait three to four days.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing glass
- Add ice
- Stir, stir, stir
- Strain into a a rocks glass over ice
- Garnish with wildflowers
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.