Apart from coffee and flowers, bananas are one of Colombia’s main exports. The Riascos family used to cultivate bananas before moving into aging fine Colombian rum. The Banana Republic is a twist cocktail recipe based on the classic Old Fashioned with a bit of banana to take things slowly.
If you are in the USA, you can buy La Hechicera on Drizly.
If you are in the UK, you can buy La Hechicera on Amazon!
If you want to hear the incredible story of La Hechicera by its founder, Miguel Riascos De Castro, listen to his Lush Life podcast here.
- 60ml / 2oz La Hechicera
- 20ml / 2/3oz Banana liqueur
- 3 drops Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- If possible, add 5 drops Chocolate Bitters
- Banana chip
- Stir all ingredients with ice into a mixing glass
- Strain into an ice-filled glass (preferably a single block ice or an ice sphere).
- Garnish with a banana chip
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.