Apart from coffee and flowers, bananas are one of Colombia’s main exports. The Riascos family used to cultivate bananas before moving into aging fine Colombian rum. The Banana Republic is a twist cocktail recipe based on the classic Old Fashioned with a bit of banana to take things slowly.
You’ll need the following equipment:
- 60ml / 2oz La Hechicera
- 20ml / 2/3oz Banane liquor
- 3 drops Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- If possible, add 5 drops Chocolate Bitters
- Banana chip
- Glass: Old-Fashioned crystal glass
- Step 1 Stir all ingredients with ice into a mixing glass
- Step 2 Strain into an ice-filled glass (preferably a single block ice or an ice sphere).
- Step 3 Garnish with a banana chip
If you are in the USA, you can buy La Hechicera on Drizly.
If you are in the UK, you can buy La Hechicera on Amazon!
If you want to hear the incredible story of La Hechicera by its founder, Miguel Riascos De Castro, listen to his Lush Life podcast here.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation if you click on these links and make a purchase, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you anything.