The Golden Dram cocktail is made with ABERFELDY 12 year old, honey, and bitters – a smooth variation on the traditional Old Fashioned!
ABERFELDY distillery was founded in 1898 by the Dewar brothers, John Alexander and Tommy. They built on a site just a stone’s throw from the birthplace of their father, the pioneering blender John Dewar. Alongside the distillery, and known to contain deposits of alluvial gold, flows the Pitilie Burn, the perfect water source for the Golden Dram. While inside, time-honoured techniques like long fermentation, which conjures rare, honeyed notes, safeguard the whisky’s flavour profile, renowned for its rich, sweet, smooth taste.
If you just want to make The Golden Dram, then you can find the ABERFELDY 12 Year Old at the Whisky Exchange!
Here is the recipe!
The Golden Dram cocktail is made with ABERFELDY 12 year old, honey, and bitters - a smooth variation on the traditional Old Fashioned!
- 60ml ABERFELDY 12 Year Old
- 1.5 teaspoons honey syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 dashes orange Bitters
- 1 orange peel
- Combine ABERFELDY 12 Year Old, honey syrup, Orange and Angostura Bitters in an Old Fashioned glass
- Add a block of ice (or a few ice cubes if you don't have a block.
- Stir around 15-20 times until perfectly diluted, chilled and mixed
- Squeeze oils from the orange peel into the drink and around the glass, twist and use as a garnish on the top