The classic Savoy martini would be stirred nicely over block ice, to become extra cold and silky in texture. However, not everyone has block ice at home and can stir it to the desired temperature. Normal cubed ice just does not cut it in this scenario. An easy way to make it perfect at home, is to bottle the entire finished drink and put it into the freezer.
You’ll need the following equipment:
The recipe for each Martini Cocktail, they would suggest: 60ml of the spirit of choice, 15ml vermouth, 20ml of water.
For US measurements, please use my handy Cocktail Measurements converter!
If you are in the USA & UK, you can buy The Savoy Dry Vermouth and a selection of Dry Vermouths at The Whisky Exchange!
- 450ml or 60ml Gin or Vodka
- 110ml or 15ml Vermouth
- 140ml or 20ml Water
- Take a 700ml bottle of gin or vodka that you desire and pour 250ml out of the bottle and store elsewhere or drink!
- Fill 140ml of still water and 110ml dry vermouth into the bottle.
- Now put the bottle in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Pour the silky liquid straight into your glass.
- Finish the Martini with a lemon twist or olive, however you like it best.