Stroo says as the ice melts, the rose flavours will increase and enhance the cherry notes of Maraschino as well as the floral notes of the bourbon!
To hear more from Stroo Olofsson, go to his Lush Life podcast interview.
Name of the Rose
The Name of the Rose cocktail typically features gin, rose syrup, lemon juice, and other ingredients, creating a floral and refreshing beverage with a hint of sweetness.
- 50 ml Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon
- 25 ml Luxardo Maraschino
- 3 dashes of Abbott's Bitters Angostura will do in a pinch
- An oversized ice cube made from fresh brewed rose bud tea
- Garnish: A dried rose bud
- Pour ingredients directly into an Old Fashioned tumbler
- Place the rose bud ice in and swirl as one would a whisky
- Garnish with a rose bud
The cocktail is still absolutely lovely (and super-simple to make!) even without the rose bud tea ice.
Calories: 182kcalCarbohydrates: 8gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 1mgSugar: 8gIron: 0.02mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!