Stroo says as the ice melts, the rose flavours will increase and enhance the cherry notes of Maraschino as well as the floral notes of the bourbon!
To hear more from Stroo Olofsson, go to his Lush Life podcast interview.
- 50ml of Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon
- 25ml Luxardo Maraschino
- Three dashes of Abbott's Bitters (Angostura will do in a pinch)
- An oversized ice cube made from fresh brewed rose bud tea
- Garnish: A dried rose bud
- Pour ingredients directly into an Old Fashioned tumbler
- Place the rose bud ice in and swirl as one would a whisky
- Garnish with a rose bud
The cocktail is still absolutely lovely (and super-simple to make!) even without the rose bud tea ice.