Following the Grapefruit Martini recipe (either yellow or pink) is so easy and it looks as gorgeous as it tastes! The tartness works so well with either vodka or gin!
The refreshing Grapefruit Martini joins the ranks of those other delicious grapefruit cocktails, like the Paloma and the Hemingway Daiquiri.
At your next gathering or any special occasion wow your guests by serving these instead of the usual vodka martini, and you will be providing them with a healthy dose of vitamin c!
I don’t think James Bond had ever been offered a Grapefruit Martini! If he had, history might have turned out a little different. Just a dash of a little fresh juice and the Grapefruit Martini might have become a classic cocktail as well as the famous spy’s favorite cocktail.
Disclaimer: Some of these posts contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means that I may receive compensation if you click on these links and buy something, but, don’t worry, it won’t cost you a dime!
What is a Classic Gin Martini
Probably the most famous cocktail in the world, the classic dry gin martini is the first and the real Martini. When you ask for a Martini at the bar, this is the one you will be receiving.
It is also called the Dry Martini, which means it has very little vermouth in it. You should definitely be a gin fan before ordering one of these, as it is primarily gin in a glass! Gin, vermouth and lemon peel – that’s it – the Classic Gin Martini!
Books have been written on the history of the Gin Martini. When asked what the official story it, well, there is no official story. We do know it was around in the 1880’s, the recipe popping up in two famous cocktail books of the time.
By adding fresh fruit and citrus juices to the usual martini ingredients, you can create a whole other range of delicious cocktails!
What tools you need to make the Grapefruit Martini
Grab that cocktail shaker for this one! You’ll also need a citrus press, jigger, strainer, and chilled cocktail glass for this Grasshopper cocktail recipe. I adore Martini glasses so that’s my choice!
The ingredient checklist is simple for the grapefruit martini recipe, but it’s important to get it right. Please only use fresh grapefruit juice from fresh grapefruits. Make the simple syrup from white sugar. Use a smooth vodka, remember your cocktail is only as good as the drink ingredients are. The ice cubes should be fresh as well. Garnish can be a rosemary sprig, a grapefruit slice or a grapefruit peel.
- Top Tip(ple)s🍸:
- For a pink makeover, try the Pink Grapefruit Martini or Ruby Red Grapefruit Martini – use only pink grapefruit juice or ruby red grapefruit juice
- Instead of simple syrup, you can sweeten your cocktails with an orange liquor or orange liqueur – such as Cointreau or Triple Sec
- You can use a grapefruit vodka or grapefruit liquor, like Absolut Grapefruit or Pampelle
- Put your vodka bottle in the freezer to make your cocktail even colder
- A few oz of fresh lime juice also add a little zing
Where to find more grapefruit cocktail recipes
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Fever-Tree Sparkling Paloma
- Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit & Rose Spritz
- Pampelle Spritz
- More Martini cocktail recipes
Where to find ingredients for the Grapefruit Martini recipe
Here is the recipe:
- 1 ½ oz gin or vodka
- ¾ oz sugar syrup
- 1 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker
- Add ice
- Shake, shake, shake
- Strain into a Martini glass
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary
PIN THS RECIPE FOR LATER