Florence Cocktail Week returns to Florence from the 17th to the 23rd of April 2023. The previous week, in its fourth edition, there will be Tuscany Cocktail Week, which will take place in the 10 provinces of Tuscany from 10th to 16th April.
Tuscany Cocktail Week will follow the same pattern as the previous ones and the last born Venice Cocktail Week and Cortina Cocktail Weekend.
- Seven days of events held in selected cocktail bars. Themed appointments with the focus on conscious and quality drinking.
- A week full of content. Events, masterclasses, presentations of products and books, Italian and international guests. In different timeframe during the day, from the Noon Aperitif to the Night Shift.
- A drink list composed by 3 exclusive cocktails
- 1 Signature Cocktail #FCW23 and #TCW23
- 1 drink RiEsco a Bere Italiano dedicated to Made in Italy products for Florence and 1 drink RiEsco a Bere Toscano dedicated to Made in Tuscany products for the 10 Tuscan provinces
- 1 Eco Cocktail dedicated to sustainability
There is no shortage of interesting news for the 2023 editions, which will see elements of the past and some changes, in order to give life to a unique and dynamic project that develops different perspectives of the concept of drinking. Florence Cocktail Week turns the spotlight on local realities to allow both beginners and mixology enthusiasts to get to know the different venues and expertise of the bartenders themselves, who through their creations promote the culture of drinking and the interaction between customer and operator.
“Our cocktail weeks are not standardized events.” says Paola Mencarelli. “To keep the energy and curiosity alive I like to revise the format every year, introducing novelties and modifying the points that over time become monotonous. Creating or joining new and valuable trends is for me a way to create unique and stimulating events. ”
TUSCANY COCKTAIL WEEK From the 10th to the 16th of April in the Tuscan provinces
Tuscany Cocktail Week returns in the best Cocktail Bars in the 10 Tuscan cities from 10 to 16 April. The first cocktail week in the world involving an entire region presents in its fourth edition a great news.
An opening event to start TCW. The TCW23 OPENING PARTY, on Sunday evening, the 9th of April at “Jeffer cocktails & friends” in Pisa. A party dedicated to Tuscany Cocktail Week with the bartenders of the cocktail bars of the Tuscan provinces #TCW23.
FLORENCE COCKTAIL WEEK: 17th – 23rd April 2023
The 7th Florence Cocktail Week edition involves the best cocktail bars in Florence divided into Hotel Bar and Cocktail Bar, from 17 to 23 April 2023.
Each selected venue will have a # FCW23 Cocktail List created specifically for the event, in which bartenders give free rein to all their creativity.
– during the afternoon, an educational part with seminars and masterclasses about product presentation, new techniques and trends, bar formats, as well as book presentations and cultural meetings
– during the evening, themed events and parties, dedicated cocktail lists and the participation of Guest bartenders among the best on the Italian and international scene.
The Cocktail List and the Events Calendar will be available on the website www.florencecocktailweek.it close to date of the event.
FCW Young Guest Bartender
For the 2023 edition FCW wants to give voice to the new generations of Bartender, involving young bartenders under 25 in a GUEST that will see them protagonists behind the counter of the #FCW23 and #TCW23 bars – alone or next to the “guest stars”.
FCW Young Guest Bartender is an initiative for all the under-25s from all over the country who have never had a guestshift. Who is interested will be able to apply via call to action on the offcial FCW social channels.
The organization will select the different candidates, who will be provided with a list of brands available to sponsor and give visibility to their guests and with whom they will have to directly contact.
“Successful bartenders are first and foremost promotors of themselves.” says Paola Mencarelli. “Over the past years the figure of the bartender has established itself as the main actor of the cocktail bar, which can be considered in all respects a company. For this reason, it is important to provide guidance and ideas to young people who want to grow in this profession, but who do not always have the tools or the correct method to do so.
The selected Young Bartenders will have to demonstrate their talent but also their professionalism in contacting a brand, deciding and requesting the products to be used, elaborating the cocktail list of the evening, creating the flyer of the event, presenting the guest at one of the participating cocktail bars and launching their guest on social media.
To mentor all the young bartenders there will be an exceptional Tutor: Antonio Ferrara, Bar Manager of Aman Venice, to whom participants under 25 can ask for advice and suggestions. An anonymous jury of industry experts will then evaluate the most interesting guest which will be announced at the end of the week.
OTHER INITIATIVES DEDICATED TO THEYOUNGS
“FCW23 Young Students” and “FCW23 Young Talents”
As every year, a space will be dedicated to promotion and discussion for young bartenders. “Young Students” and “Young Talents” are two initiatives aimed at students who attend the Hotellerie Institutes and young bartenders who already practice the profession. They will send their recipes and the most interesting ones will be selected and announced at the end of the week.
The initiatives are organized in collaboration with Antonia Lo Casto, Professor at the Hotel Institutes and Professional Institues Schools in Florence and Prato.
In addition, with a view to renewing and intensifying the collaboration with the Hotel Institutes of Florence, a selection of students will be involved in the afternoon events #FCW23. Florence Cocktail Week thus becomes the glue between school students and cocktail bars or brands, activating a series of training internships for students interested in entering this industry professionally.
Finally, to encourage young enthusiasts who aspire to work in communication by producing content related to the food & beverage world, the organization will publish on the official social media of Florence Cocktail Week the most interesting video and article, about FCW, selected from those created by the students of the Hotel Institutes.
This historical moment of shortage of staff in the various sectors of the food & beverage industry has led the organization to undertake this new path. To train the professionals of tomorrow in all the different areas, whether understood as a small local or as a large company, integrating Generation Z into its world in an unprecedented and stimulating way, through a narrative linked to the tone of voice, interests and life of those born at the beginning of the Third Millennium.
Scheduled for Monday 17 April at Serre Torrigiani in Florence the long-awaited FCW23 OPENING PARTY.
The party that will kick off the 7 days of FCW resumes the format of the “Florence Cocktail Party” that was successful in the summer of 2022. With POP UP BARS branded by the sponsors hosting FCW and TCW cocktail bars gathered for an evening in one place, the inevitable POP UP PIZZA with the best Florentine and Tuscan pizza makers, a selection of food stations dedicated to gastronomic excellence and finally the presence of friends of FCW Italians and internationals who have accompanied the event over the years. To ENTERTAIN the night, Leo Tolu DJ with his music.
“Dining with the Spirits” and “Pizza with the Spirits”
For the third year, also the initiatives ” Dining with the Spirits” and” Pizza with the Spirits”. chefs and pizza makers of Florence and Tuscany will use spirits as ingredients of their dishes and their pizzas, offering them during the two weeks within their menus or in themed evenings.
The Community of Florentine and Tuscan bartenders
Over the past years throughout Tuscany a real community of bartenders has been created. Following the perspective of cooperation and development, the organization has decided to eliminate from the calendar all initiatives that decree absolute winners.
In the first editions one of the central elements was the Contest on Signature Cocktail, which from the 2020 edition has been replaced by the Awards.
In 2023 the awards for cocktail bars and bartenders will be replaced by the desire to highlight the professionalism and collaboration of the different participating cocktail bars.
Florence, thanks also to the previous cocktail weeks, has become one of the main stages of Italian mixology. The community of Tuscan bartenders has been created and established giving life to a real forge of ideas and proposals, as well as having contributed to making Florence and Tuscany itself one of the main destinations for cocktail lovers from worldwide.
Eliminating the Awards is a way to give visibility to the entire city and the entire region, both of which have grown in terms of quality.
News also in the branding color of FCW, one of the main characteristics of the event. For Florence Cocktail Week 2023 will remain the International Klein Blue (IKB) of the sixth edition. The color created by the French visionary artist Yves Klein that contributed to redifine the idea of conventional colors, and also became a hymn to brightness and creativity.
The break with the past at the graphic level lies not only in the choice to keep the color of the previous edition, but also in the introduction of a secondary one, following the trends of the moment: for this edition, it will be the magenta, the color of 2023.
FLORENCE COCKTAIL WEEK 2023 | COCKTAIL BAR LIST
- Bitter Bar
- Caffè Concerto Paszkowski
- *Ditta Artigianale Ferrucci
- Djaria American Bar
- *Drinx, Il Gusto di Xinge
- *Eye Cocktail Bar by Chic Nonna
- Fake Firenze
- Gilli 1733
- Gucci Giardino 25
- Harry’s Bar
- *Koob Experience
- La Ménagère
- La Petite
- MAD Souls&Spirits
- Move On
- Santa Cocktail Club
- Santarosa Bistrot
- *Seeds @ Ostello Tasso
- *Serre Torrigiani
- Strizzi Garden
- *Urban Garden by The Stellar
- Viktoria Lounge Bar
- Atrium Bar – Four Seasons Hotel Florence
- Caffé Cibreo – Helvetia&Bristol Florence
- *Companion Bar Dolce Amaro- 25 Hours San Paolino Florence
- Divina Terrazza Rooftop Bar – Grand Hotel Cavour
- Empireo – Plaza Hotel Lucchesi
- Harry’s Bar The Garden – Sina Villa Medici
- Irene Firenze – Hotel Savoy
- La Terrazza – Grand Hotel Minerva
- Picteau Cocktail Bar – Hotel Lungarno
- *Rooftopbar – The Social Hub Florence
- Santa Villa Cora – Villa Cora
- The Fusion Bar&Restaurant – Gallery Hotel Art
- Winter Garden Bar – The St. Regis Florence
*New entry 2023
TUSCANY COCKTAIL WEEK 2023 | COCKTAIL BAR LIST
- Emilio – Arezzo AR
- Vasari Café – Arezzo AR
- *San Girolamo Spirits, Castiglion Fiorentino AR
- Menchetti dal 1948 – Cesa AR
- Globe LAB – Cortona AR
- Ristorante Mater – Moggiona AR
- Bar Varenne – Florence FI
- Elementi – Barberino di Mugello FI
- Picò e Piccornie – Barberino Val D’Elasa FI
- Borgo! – Borgo San Lorenzo FI
- Tuttobene – Campi Bisenzio FI
- Chiosco ai Renai – Castelfiorentino FI
- Salotto Negroni 1919 – Certaldo FI
- Pruneti Extra Gallery – Greve in Chianti FI
- Villini Lab – Pontassieve FI
- 16 1 Affinity Café – Grosseto GR
- 17 2 D.Park – Grosseto GR
- 18 3 Vermuttino Coffee & Spirits – Grosseto GR
- 19 4 L’Oca Bianca – Albinia GR
- 20 5 Pura Vida – Castiglione della Pescaia GR
- 21 6 *Macondo Sensory Experience – Follonica GR
- 22 7 *Bar del Porto – Porto Ercole GR
- 23 8 Sparkling American Bar – Porto Santo Stefano GR
- 24 1 Alphonse – Livorno LI
- 25 2 Amedeo – Livorno LI
- 26 3 Il Cardell’INO in città – Livorno LI
- 27 4 Sketch – Livorno LI
- 28 5 *Tailored Cocktail Bar – Livorno LI
- 29 6 *Bottega Dani – Cecina LI
- 30 7 *Carbonifera Beach Bar&Restaurant – Piombino LI
- 31 8 Desideri Il Colore del Grano – Populonia LI
- 32 9 Il Baretto – Portoferraio LI
- 33 10 Land’ho! Bistrot – Rosignano Marittimo LI
- 34 11 The Sal8 Bar Agricolo – San Vincenzo LI
- 35 12 I Fichi Secchi – Vada LI
- 36 1 *Accanto – Lucca LU
- 37 2 Franklin 33 – Lucca LU
- 38 3 *Magellano – Lucca LU
- 39 4 *Vinarkia della Pavona – Lucca LU
- 40 5 *Issimo – Gusto Italiano – Camaiore LU
- 41 6 67 Sky Lounge Bar, Hotel Principe – Forte dei Marmi LU
- 42 7 Club Pennone – Forte dei Marmi LU
- 43 8 Violet Hill Café – Lido di Camaiore LU
- 44 9 Caffè al Teatro – Pietrasanta LU
- 45 10 Il Duomo Pasticceria – Pietrasanta LU
- 46 11 LAB Cocktail Bar – Pietrasanta LU
- 47 12 Caffè Irene – Viareggio LU
- 48 1 *Carraia del Nicchio – Pisa PI
- 49 2 Eleven Café – Pisa PI
- 50 3 Jeffer cocktails & friends – Pisa PI
- 51 4 *Numeroventi – Pisa PI
- 52 5 Tabasco n.6 – Calcinaia PI
- 53 6 *Antica Velathri Café – Volterra PI
- 54 1 *Fortezza 59 – Pistoia PT
- 55 2 *Loco Comodo – Pistoia PT
- 56 2 Vitium – Pistoia PT
- 57 3 Voronoi – Pistoia PT
- 58 4 Funi 1898 – Montecatini Terme PT
- Habitat – Montecatini Terme PT
- 60 6 *La Cascina – Montecatini Terme PT
- 61 7 *Libertine – Montecatini Terme PT
- 62 1 Bartat – Prato PO
- 63 2 Big Easy Cocktail House – Prato PO
- 64 3 Caveau Enoteca Gastronomia – Prato PO
- 65 4 Cul de Sac – Prato PO
- 66 5 *Elementi Prato – Prato PO
- 67 6 Fitz Tequila & Exotic Bar – Prato PO
- 68 7 Fitz The GinBar – Prato PO
- 69 8 I Frari delle Logge – Prato PO
- 79 9 MAG56 – Prato PO
- 71 10 *Monsters A-Live – Prato PO
- 72 11 *Murà – Prato PO
- 73 12 Shark Bottega del Pesce Wine Bar – Prato PO
- 74 13 *Triplo – Prato PO
- 75 1 Bottiglieria Salefino – Siena SI
- 76 2 Charlie Mixology Bar – Siena SI
- 77 3 Trefilari – Siena Yes
- 78 4 Il Barrino – Bagno Vignoni SI
- 79 5 Bar Archi, Borgo San Felice – Castelnuovo Berardenga SI
- 80 6 *Monteverdi Tuscany – Castiglioncello del Trinoro – SI
- 81 7 *Lobby Bar, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco – Montalcino SI
- 82 8 White Dog – Poggibonsi SI
- 83 9 Il Falconiere – Fonteverde Lifestyle & Termal Retreat – San Casciano dei Bagni Yes
*New entry 2023