Everyday seems to be World Cocktail Day now, but officially it’s on May 13! Here is a list of cocktails from some of my favorite places around the world! There are a few mocktails as well for those who might be taking a break from alcohol at this time!
Inspired by Belfast City’s Botanical Garden, this fresh flavoured cocktail uses intriguing botanicals such as fresh apple, elderberry and wild clover to enhance the cocktails floral tone. This cocktail is beautifully balanced and vibrant, perfect for a warm spring evening.
- 30ml Shortcross Gin (or any gin available)
- 10ml Aperol
- 15ml Rhubarb Liqueur
- 10ml Pomegranate Cordial
- 20ml Citrus Juices
- 1 Egg (Whites only)
- Pink Peppercorns and Viola Flowers for garnish
- Chill your Martini Glass by filling with ice
- Combine all the ingredients (excluding garnish) in a cocktail shaker and dry shake (no ice)
- Add ice to cocktail shaker
- Shake again to create a velvety foam top
- Double strain into a chilled Martini Glass and garnished with Whole Pink Peppercorns and Viola Flowers.
Find Love at First Sight with Courmayeur Mont Blanc, Italian Alps
Savour the sense of the slopes with this signature cocktail from Le Massif’s Bernardo Ferro. With the fragrant herbal flavours, you will be transported to the alpine region of Courmayeur.
- 2cl of Vertosan Genepy
- 2cl Aperol
- 2cl Cointreau
- 1cl Raspberry syrup
- 8cl Fripon (sparkling white wine from Aosta Valley)
- 1 raspberry/1 orange slice to garnish
- Take a wine glass and fill 2/3 of the glass with ice
- Add ice into the shaker with all ingredients apart from the Fripon white wine
- Drain any melted ice water from the glass.
- Shake vigorously and pour into the glass
- Add the white sparkling wine
- Gently mix, add garnish on top and serve
Marbellous Cocktail from MarBella Corfu, Greece
This tropical fruity cocktail will remind you of summer holidays on MarBella Corfu’s stunning beaches. With refreshing citruses and sweet passion fruit, this simple signature cocktail will have you feeling as if you’re poolside and soaking in the sun.
- 5ml Rum
- 25ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 30ml Passion Fruit Puree
- 3ml Orange Jam
- 2 dashes of Chocolate Bitters
- Orange Slice or Peel and Fresh Mint Leaves for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice and shake well
- Once shaken, pour into a tumbler through a fine strainer
- Add crushed ice and garnish with an orange slice or peel and top with fresh mint leaves
Mary Pear by Bovino Steakhouse at Quinta do Lago Resort, Portugal
Take your tastebuds on a journey to the Algarve with this delicious cocktail. Its sweet, herby and floral flavours are reminiscent of Quinta Do Lago’s luscious landscape. Quick and easy to make, this cocktail is the perfect after work-from-home drink.
- 40ml Gin Mare
- 20ml St. Germain
- 50ml Pear Juice
- 20ml Lime Juice
- 10ml Sugar Syrup
- Pear Slices and Rosemary for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and shake well
- Double strain into an old jam jar or tumbler
- Add garnish and serve
Renaissance by Julian Biondi, Beverage Consultant & Founder of “BarOmeter Consulting” from Tuscany Now & More, Italy
This refreshing and summery twist on a classic Negroni, the traditional cocktail of Biondi’s home town. Perfect for an evening spent in the garden, it’s easy to make and equally easy to drink. Think Pimm’s Cup with the taste of Tuscany.
- 25 ml Tuscan Vermouth Winestillery (or any other Red Italian Vermouth with a bitter note, such as Punt e Mes)
- 25 ml Amaro Ruffino (or any other Amaro with a nice herbal and bitter note, such as Nonino or Averna)
- 15 ml Peter in Florence London Dry Gin
- 15 ml honey & thyme syrup
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1 slice of cucumber
- 1 slice of orange
- Tonic water
- Chill a highball glass with ice
- Combine all ingredients (excluding Tonic Water) and shake well
- Strain the cocktail into the glass and top with tonic water.
- Stir gently
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme and orange slice
The Classic Daiquiri from the soon to open MarBella Elix, Greece
For any bartender it is important to master the classics and the daiquiri is a must know. A favourite beach cocktail around the world, the daiquiri’s sharp lime flavour will certainly make you feel full of zeal and zest.
- 5ml White Rum
- 25ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 25ml Caster Sugar Syrup
- Lime Wedge for garnish
- For the sugar syrup, dissolve one part caster sugar with one part water and boil. Leave to cool
- Mix all ingredients together and stir for 20 seconds
- Pour into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with a lime wedge
Piton-Rita from Windjammer Landing, St Lucia
This cool cocktail will have you dreaming of the Carribean and Windjammer Landing’s beautiful beaches. The super sweet citrus flavours makes it easy to drink, but watch out for the Brain Freeze!
- 4 oz Tequila
- 2 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz Lime Juice
- 4 scoops of Ice
- Bottled Beer
- Sugar to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth
- Add sugar if required and mix again
- Pour into a large glass and top with beer
Lady Rose by Alessandro Caro, Bar Manager at La Voga, Grand Hotel Dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice
This light, floral cocktail celebrates Venice and Grand Hotel Dei Dogi’s incredible characteristics. With natural ingredients inspired by the hotel’s stunning botanical garden and delicate flavours of Italy, this cocktail is refreshing and showcases expert mixologist skills.
- 40 ml infusion of Verbena, Mint Tea and Orange Blossoms
- 20ml Homemade Rose Petal Syrup
- 40ml Moscato Fiori D’Arancio Colli Euganei Maeli
- Raspberries, Blackberries and Mint Leaves for garnish
- To infuse: soak the tea bag of in boiling water and allow to cool
- To make the rose petal syrup: boil water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Next, mix in rose petal and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the syrup and allow to cool
- Fill a glass with ice to cool
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake well
- Serve in a tumbler and fill with crushed ice.
- Stir and garnish with berries and mint leaves
Negroni from MarBella Nido, Greece
This popular cocktail is refreshingly bitter and perfect for a summer evening and pre-dinner drink. Take a sip of this delicious cocktail and transport yourself to the beautiful setting of MarBella Nido, watching the stunning Corfu sunset.
- 30ml Tanqueray Gin
- 30ml Antica Formula
- 30ml Campari
- 002ml Orange Bitters
- Strawberry and Orange Peel for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a small tumbler glass and add cubes of ice
- Stir for 20 seconds
- Garnish with a strawberry and orange peel
Cinderella from Elounda SA Hotels & Resorts, Greece
A delicious sparkling cocktail with bitter citrus flavours and a hint of sweetness. A perfect reminder of a summer holiday and perfect for an afternoon treat.
- 50ml Aperol Aperitivo
- 10ml Fresh lime juice
- 30ml Prosecco
- 100ml Pink grapefruit flavoured soda
- 2-3 Dashes lavender aromatic bitters
- Cucumber and Lavender Blossom for garnish
- Combine Aperol and lime juice in a glass and add ice
- Stir gently
- Top with soda and prosecco
- Garnish with cucumber and lavender blossom
Tip: parfum mist with lavender essence spray
Pina Colada Mocktail from Longevity Health and Wellness Hotel, Portugal
For a healthier, non-alcoholic option, try this delicious Pina Colada mocktail. Perfect for any time of the day, this creamy, coconut drink makes for the ultimate pick me up. Tasting just like the cocktail, this virgin Pina Colada will transport you Portugal’s beautiful Algarve Bay.
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 1 mint leaf
- 2 slices of pineapple
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Combine coconut milk and mint leaf in a blender and mix
- Cut the pineapple into cubes and blend with coconut milk and mint leaf
- Pour mixture into a large glass and add a sprinkle of cinnamon
Agave Punch by The Shack at Quinta do Lago Resort, Portugal
This tasty alcohol-free mocktail is sweet and refreshing. With two simple steps and tasty mediteranian flavours, this drink will give you a healthy kick of vitamins.
- 1/2 lime cut into wedges
- 15ml agave nectar
- 1/2 passion fruit
- 2 strawberries
- 50ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Crushed ice
- Place strawberries, passion fruit seeds and agave nectar in a glass and crush with a muddler or end of a rolling pin
- Add orange juice and crushed ice then stir and serve