Our guest today had a moment of doubt. After watching too many episodes of Location, Location, Location, he thought he would switch from making Rum Flips to doing Room Flips. Thank goodness for us, it only took a matter of months before Sam Carter saw the errors of his ways and settled back behind the bar.
We would never have had the Laverstoke or all the other fantastic cocktails he has mixed as Senior Ambassador of Bombay Sapphire at Laverstoke Mill, the brand’s award-winning distillery. His career path has led him all around the world and I was lucky enough to catch him in London to have a chat.
Make Sam’s Laverstoke Cocktail – cocktail recipe!
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 15ml Martini and Rossi Bianco Vermouth
- 10ml Bottlegreen elderflower cordial
- 2 lime wedges freshly cut and squeezed
- 75ml Fever-Tree ginger ale
- 1 freshly mandolined ginger root
- 1 large mint sprig
- Good quality cubed ice
- Squeeze 2 freshly cut lime wedges into a clean glass and then drop them in.
- Measure and pour in the Bottlegreen elderflower cordial, Martini Bianco and Bombay Sapphire gin into the glass over the lime.
- Swirl well to mix.
- Fill the glass completely full of good quality cubed ice and briefly stir with a bar spoon to chill.
- Pour 100ml of Fever-Tree ginger ale down a twisted bar spoon (into the spoon end) over the ice and gently stir the cocktail at the same time and fold to combine the liquids.
- Garnish with a slither of freshly mandolined ginger and a large gently slapped mint sprig all grouped together on one side of the glass.
- Enjoy the aroma, you don’t need any straws.
Don’t miss out on any Lush Life episodes!
You can get this and all future audio files automatically downloaded to your mobile device easy. If you’re on iOS, you can listen on Apple Podcast. It’s easy to Google Podcasts or Spotify too. Or click the player or link above to listen to just this episode. (But trust me, you’ll want to subscribe!)
If you live for Lush Life would you consider supporting us… Just go to patreon.com/lushlife and you can donate once or monthly to make sure we are still here every Tuesday.
Lush Life Merchandise is here – we’re talking t-shirts, mugs, iphone covers, duvet covers, ipad covers and more covers for everything! and more!
Theme music for Lush Life is by Steven Shapiro, and used with permission.
Lush Life is always and will be forever produced by Evo Terra and Simpler Media Productions.